My Friend Doesn't Hesitate 9

 ACT09     This Is Something to Desire Lasting for Forever, Isn't It?


「Aah, that was interesting.」


While leaving the movie theater, Akami beside her seemed deeply moved and said that.


「The climax made me tear up a little. Shiro-chan, how about... eh, Shiro-chan?」


On the other hand, Mashiro had been expressionless from the end credits until just now.

Had been expressionless, but.

As soon as she left the movie theater and saw the orange sky before dusk.


Buwa!


「Shiro-chan!? What's wrong!?」

「Ugu... hiku... gufu...!」

「You're genuinely crying!?」

「Higu…uuuuuuuu~~~~」


Mashiro's tear glands broke down.

When they finished shopping at the clothing store, there was still time until evening, so since going home immediately would have been a waste, they stopped by the movie theater.

With no plan for what to watch, they decided to pick one that would start soon, had a reasonably good reputation, and had been out for a few weeks (so they could avoid a crowded theater), but.

It depicted the relationship between two polar opposite girls: a girl who was on the verge of giving up on life due to her timidity and a girl with an incurable disease who only had a slight amount of time left to live but lived strongly until her last moments.

For Mashiro, it was a masterpiece worthy of being called super good instead of just good.


「Sh-Shiro-chan, first off, let's calm down. Look, there's a bench in the square, so sit, sit.」

「Uuuuu... friendship is so incredibly precious...」

「I got it, Shiro-chan, so let's sit down. Here, a handkerchief.」

「Chnn――――n!」

「Yeah, although it's the clichéd development, could you refrain from blowing your nose without hesitation rather than wiping your tears?」


After they sat on the bench, it took Mashiro 14 minutes to calm down.

After that, although she finally started breathing normally again, her tear ducts were still on the verge of suddenly breaking down and her emotions were on the verge of overflowing; she was still emotionally unstable.


「Oh dear, I didn't think Shiro-chan was so sensitive.」

「Sorry, Akami. I normally never get like this, but this time I started being weird.」

「You're not weird or anything. You don't really show your emotions, so you did surprise me, though, Shiro-chan.」

「I'm aware of that part of myself, but... that's right, maybe it's because I imagined it for a moment.」

「Eh? What?」

「My precious friend no longer being by my side.」


Mashiro had made friends many times, and there had been many cases in her life where she had completely stopped seeing those friends.

Meeting and parting are always a set. She thought she had taken that to heart, though she did optimistically hope they would reunite somewhere, someday.

But now that she knew the preciousness of friendship from that movie, what if she had to part from the friend by her side? What if they could never meet again?

Mashiro probably wouldn't be able to stand it.


「It's okay.」


And when Mashiro was about to overflow with emotion again.

Akami smiled kindly and clasped Mashiro's hand.


「I will stay by Shiro-chan's side. I absolutely won't ever go away.」

「... Akami.」


She immediately understood that there was no lie in those words or the warmth from her small hand.

The unstable shaking of Mashiro's emotions gradually subsided, and an indescribable warmth started filling her heart.


「Thank you, Akami. I'm glad Akami and I are friends.」

「Yeah.」

「Akami, stay by my side.」

「Ye-yeah.」

「A life without Akami may already be unimaginable for me.」

「Ye....yeah.」

「No, far from maybe being unimaginable... I wouldn't be able to live without Akami!」

「――――」


Before she knew it, Mashiro was grasping the hand Akami had grabbed her with back and saying that to her head-on.

Akami's face was bright red as her mouth opened and closed repeatedly.

Moreover, the surrounding passersby were looking at them with surprise, and several of them were exclaiming things like『Kyaa!』.

Huh? Did she say something that strange?


「Um... Shiro-chan, what, do you mean...」

「Eh? That movie made me realize that life without a friend would definitely be unenjoyable and very lonely. Once again, I want to be good friends with Akami forever.」

「Ah... ok, that's, that's what you mean. That's what you mean, isn't it. Ah, I was surprised...」

「?」


Akami, still bright red, held her chest and exhaled heavily. While it was just a little bit, she also looked disappointed.

Mashiro didn't understand why Akami was like that.

In this situation, what should I say to satisfy Akami? she pondered, but that would be boorish.

Right now, she should express what she could say with certainty to Akami.


「Akami.」

「Uu?」

「My most important friend will always be Akami.」

「――――...... Ok.」


Although Akami's mouth opened and closed repeatedly again.

And even though the nod she gave her was small, Mashiro knew she had properly understood her feelings.

She was glad that she was able to say what she wanted.

The instability in Mashiro's heart finally subsided, and she was revived.


  ☆★★★☆★★


Shiro-chan?

That part of you?

Raising me up, bringing me down, then raising me up again, that part of you?

Ah, jeez........... I love you.

Comments

Post a Comment