My Friend Doesn't Hesitate 33

 ACT33     How to Gain Self-confidence?


「Kiri-yan, could you teach me a bit about this part from a moment ago?」

「Yeah, that's fine, Shiro-chi!」


During the slightly longer break between second and third period.

Mashiro usually asked Akami about things she didn't understand in math class, the class they were just in, but since she was absent today, she decided to ask her friend Kiriko.

With being a member of the women's basketball club, her sloppy as well as dauntless personality, and her very short hair combined with her slender face and blandly beautiful appearance, overall, Kizaki Kiriko was the exemplar of a sporty girl, but.


「Here, you substitute with a gaa, and there, you subtract with a thump, and then bang, it ends up like this!」

「... That's incredibly vague, but I can somehow understand what you want to say.」


She was ranked 3rd in the grade on the proficiency test immediately following school admission, and she was the genius at the top of the grade on the midterms held at the end of May.

Even though her vocabulary was extremely limited when she taught, her ability to make others understand with just feeling was amazing.


「Thanks to Kiri-yan, I think I'll be able to do well on the upcoming final exams.」

「Really?! If so, that's great! In the future as well, if there's anything you don't understand, don't hesitate to rely on me!」

「... Constantly relying on you would be a bit bad. You encouraged me a while ago as well, so I'd like to thank you somehow. Kiri-yan, is there anything I can do for you?」

「From Shiro-chi? Hmm, let me think...」


After Mashiro's suggestion, Kiriko made a pondering gesture.

She thought about it for around ten seconds, and as if an idea flashed into her mind, she clapped her hands together. Her actions were more exaggerated than others, making her easy to understand.


「Then, sometime soon, could you teach me how to become beautiful like you, Shiro-chi?」

「Eh?!... B-beautiful, m-me?」

「Yeah! At first, you gave off an average impression, but one day, you suddenly became incredibly beautiful, Shiro-chi!」

「Saying I was average at first is quite blunt... you’re right, though.」


Mashiro smiled wryly.

However, since Kiriko was so blunt, when she said『You became beautiful』in praise, those words were definitely not a lie. Which meant the beauty techniques she was taught by Akami were producing results to that extent.


「I'm not really self-confident about such things. And so, I thought maybe Shiro-chi could help!」

「Mm, but, since Akami knows more about all of that, I think it would be better for you to ask her to teach you.」

「That might be good as well, but as a comrade starting from scratch, I want Shiro-chi to teach me!」

「Comrade......」


Why?

For some reason, having that said to her made her happy, and being able to boost each other up in this way made her feel floaty and pleasant. It felt like her horizons were being broadened.

... She was truly grateful to Akami for giving her that opportunity.

Akami's face came to mind, and while feeling her chest grow warm again,


「Yeah, got it. Just give me a little time. I'll try to choose something that seems to suit Kiri-yan.」

「Ooh! Thank you, Shiro-chi!」

「But Kiri-yan, just remember this.」

「? What?」


Mashiro put her hands on Kiriko's shoulders.


「Akami taught me this, but to be fashionable, you first need self-confidence.」

「Self-confidence.」

「Earlier, you said you lack self-confidence, but—―」


Firmly, looking straight up at her,



「Kiri-yan, you're a much more attractive girl than you think. I think you can be more confident.」



「――――」

「If even I could do it, Kiri-yan will surely be fine.」

「O-ohh... thank you.」


Hearing those words, Kiriko looked a little embarrassed, and her face turned red. She averted her gaze and took a deep breath.

Seeing her like this felt novel.


「... Shiro-chi, uh...」

「? What?」

「You're kind of amazing.」

「Amazing, you say... what do you mean?」

「Mm, anyway, Shiro-chi is amazing in many ways. I guarantee it.」

「... That's incredibly vague, but I somehow understand that Kiri-yan wants to praise me.」


Being praised so much by Kizaki Kiriko, the top student in the grade who also possessed outstanding athletic ability, felt a little embarrassing.

When the chime for the end of the break rang, Mashiro said『Well, thank you for teaching me』and returned to her seat.

Mixed with the sound of that chime.



「... I see. Good for you, Aka-chi.」



Kiriko muttered something with a bit of envy, but Mashiro didn't notice.


  ☆  ★  ☆  ★  ☆  ★


...... Just now, from somewhere, I think I felt indescribable romantic comedy waves?

Yeah, it's similar to the feeling when Shiro-chan unconsciously woos me... uum, I'm kind of worried.

Aah, geez, I really want to go to school... I want to meet Shiro-chan... aaーuuー.

Comments

Post a Comment