My Friend Doesn't Hesitate 40

ACT40     Is it Okay to Call This Love?


「Truly, I'm sorry!」


After the place somehow calmed down, the girl bowed her head deeply to her and said her name was Saijou Shia.

She was in 1st year Class 4, and it seemed she wasn't in any club activities.

Mashiro wasn't particularly intending to ask that much about the situation; if it was a mistake, it was a mistake, so she considered immediately turning back, but... Shia looked intensely depressed, so for some reason, she couldn't just leave her alone.

Which led to now, with them sitting down on the stairs in front of the rooftop entrance and having a conversation.


「I don't really mind. On the contrary, I'm more worried about Saijou-san; are you okay?」

「Ah, yes, um... I've finally calmed down, but I'm still a little embarrassed...」

「Certainly, mistaking the shoe racks of entirely different classes is a fairly rare case.」

「Uu... I always fall at the last hurdle. Normally, I can do things properly, but I make big mistakes when it matters most. Why did that habit have to show up this morning...」

「The content of that letter was certainly splendid at winning over the heart of the reader. Although it was a mistake, I was still curious about what kind of person the sender of this letter was.」

「Eh... th-thank you...」

「That's precisely why it's truly unfortunate that it was spoiled at the last moment.」

「Aah! D-don't dig that up without hesitation...」


Her expression changing frequently between embarrassment and depression was interesting.

Although having poor endgames made her lack self-confidence, the reserved atmosphere that came from such actions may have added charm to her cuteness and elegance.

For some reason, it charmed her, and made her feel affectionate.

Was it because of that feeling?

Mashiro let out a big sigh, and together with the day's hazy feelings clearing away,


「Well, on the contrary, I'm glad it was a mistake. When I found out that the sender of the letter was a girl like Saijou-san, for a moment, I didn't know how to respond.」


The thoughts that had been passing through her mind so often lately leaked out of her mouth.


「? Nogi-san?」

「I thought it was strange for a girl to be into a girl, you know?」

「――――」

「I don't really understand love, but as I thought, it's not between women, but a man and woman that is the natural――」



「Not! At! All!」



As if to interrupt Mashiro's words, Shia firmly grabbed her shoulders.

She had amazing strength. Moreover, there wasn't even a shred of the reserved atmosphere she'd had until just now, and even though she was looking at her with purple eyes that were burning with anger, Mashiro reflexively opened her eyes wide.


「S-Saijou-san?」

「Certainly, love between a man and a woman has been the natural form since ancient times. But while that may be true, a girl with a girl or a boy with a boy isn't strange at all!」

「W-wait a second, Saijou-san, calm down...」

「Besides, I made a mistake, but the person I was trying to send the letter to is a girl!」

「Eh!? Th-that's――」

「Even when they're the same sex, falling in love with someone and wanting to convey that emotion is a person's most precious feelings!」

「!!!!!」


Those words pierced deeply into Mashiro's heart.

And then, she remembered.

The feeling that started circulating inside her chest yesterday. The answer she had been continuously looking for.

And the possibility she ended up at many times.



――The possibility that the feeling Nogi Mashiro harbored for Nishina Akami was love.



But she thought it was strange.

She felt like a girl being into a girl was wrong.



――She arbitrarily decided that this couldn't be called love.



The harmonious couples she saw in everyday life were men and women, and that was the same in the mangas, novels, and dramas she had seen as well, but.

A long time ago, even though it was only for a short time.

Because she knew that her mother and the person who suddenly left due to what started as a small cold cherished each other very, very strongly.

She was convinced from the bottom of her heart that that was the natural form, and every time she reached that possibility, she held onto that impression and restarted from the beginning, but.

Even if it diverged from what was natural, even if it was different from what was normal.



――Was it okay to call this love?  



When the answer was on the tip of her tongue,


「Even if God would excuse denying that feeling, I won’t excyu... ex, coos... ex-ex-excuse it!」


Shia, who was still angry, stammered her words.

...... Her making mistakes at important points seemed to have been demonstrated here as well,


「Pu... ha, hahaha.」

「Wh-what's funny!?」


And in spite of herself, Mashiro laughed.

Shia rapidly turned red from the embarrassment of stammering, but the fire in the eyes looking at her hadn't died.

That was just how strong her feelings were.

That was why,


「I'm sorry, Saijou-san.」

「Eh?」

「That's right, isn't it. It's a little different from what's normal, but there's nothing strange about it.」

「No-Nogi-san?」

「Saijou-san, I respect your feelings from the bottom of my heart.」

「――――」


Taking her hand, which was gripping her own shoulder, Mashiro looked straight into her purple eyes and smiled at her.

Shia, even though she was flabbergasted... as if she had realized something, she suddenly opened her eyes wide,


「Ah... s-sorry. I, I mistakenly forgot myself... u-um...」


Her face turned red with what seemed to be a different feeling from the embarrassment of fumbling her words, and she waved her hands in a panic as she apologized to her.

In a complete reversal from the energy like a raging fire just before, she had completely reverted to the reserved atmosphere from her first impression.

...... While it had only been a short time, she felt like she was able to understand her. Naturally, in a good sense.


「No, don't apologize. Saijou-san, you only expressed your honest feelings.」

「Bu... but, I, I, Nogi-san, you have your own way of thinking, so that...」

「Mm. Concerning that, um, you know. I was puzzled about various things.」

「Eh?」


Towards Shia, who blinked her purple eyes, Mashiro,



「I also have a girl I like. The most in the world... so much so that I can say that.」



Aah.

Just being able to express it in words made her overflow with pleasant, heartrending, and above all, loving feelings like this.

Separately from family.

For Nogi Mashiro, this was the first time she could say she had such an incredibly precious feeling.

 

「...... Is that so?」

「Yeah. It's thanks to Saijou-san that I properly realized this feeling.」

「I, I didn't really...」

「Truly, thank you.」

「I, I, I...」


When Mashiro shook the hand she was grasping up and down to show her gratitude, she seemed a little confused, but.

Even so, it seemed that her feelings had been conveyed, and before long, Shia nodded,


「Y-yeah. If I was able to support Nogi-san, that's good?」

「Of course. Saijou-san, I have a request.」

「Eh, w-what?」


Shia seemed a little daunted when she said that, and taking a deep breaking, Mashiro,


「Let's be friends.」

「Eh... m-me and Nogi-san?」

「Yeah. So we, as comrades in having people we love, can give each other courage.」

「!」


Hearing those words, although Shia opened her eyes wide.

Before long, she returned a straight gaze, without any reserve or timidity.


「... If you're fine with me. If Nogi-san shows me that courage, I think I can also do my best once more.」

「Yeah. Saijou-san, since you showed me the strength of that feeling, I'll move forward.」


It was a dramatic encounter that started from a trivial mistake, but.

While wishing for each other's success as companions.


「I'm going to go tell that girl as as soon as possible, but what about Saijou-san?」

「Me, me too. I made a mistake, but if there's still time...」

「I see.」

「Yeah.」


The two girls nodded to each other,



『――Then, I'm off.』



Their gaits as they split off to their destinations.

Were exceedingly rapid and powerful.


  ☆  ★  ☆  ★  ☆  ★


I think it's already been about twenty minutes?


Shiro-chan said she'd finish right away, but isn't it taking quite a while?

Right now, there's no one remaining in the classroom, and this kind of quiet time feels extra long...

Even so, this length.

Perhaps... n-no, no no, no no no, it's fine. Absolutely fine. Negative, no good, absolutely...!


「Mm......?」


And just then, the very moment I thought I heard hurried footsteps coming from far away.


Doppan! The classroom door opened,


「Eh... Sh-Shiro-chan?」


Shiro-chan walked towards my seat with a brisk, long stride.

With a ghastly expression,



「Akemi, lish!... Listen, to, me...」



...... She stammered!?

And then Shiro-chan, with a red face, muttered,『The last hurdle falling was contagious...』, which I didn't really understand, and looked seriously disheartened; it took about five minutes for her to recover.

Comments

  1. YEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS- *cough*
    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG FINALLY!! PLEASE DONT GET COLD FEET NOW GO FOR IT MASHIRO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment