My Friend Doesn't Hesitate 42.55

ACT42.55     As Long as We Can Move Forward, Isn't It Fine to Go Slowly?


「Ahー......」


After that, they left the school building without incident, and Kiriko and Natsu were able to head home.

Perhaps because quite some time had passed since school ended, there were almost no students along the ten-minute route from the school to the station the two of them were walking now.


『............』


In the midst of that quietness, likely due to what happened earlier, Kiriko and Natsu couldn't open their mouths, and only the hard footsteps of their shoes resounded.

For Kiriko, this situation wasn't comfortable at all, but right now, she didn't know what she should say.

It seemed Natsu was the same, as she was walking stiffly with an uncertain expression on her face.


Uuー, I made a mistake... ah, geez, I'm so stupid stupid stupid... does Onatsu hate me now?...


Seeing her like that, Kiriko repeatedly regretted it.

Truly, something was wrong with her at that time.

Seeing that sort of scene between Mashiro and Akami in the classroom had influenced her, and almost as if she had been swept away by that, she had tried to lay a hand on Natsu.

If their teacher hadn't called out to them from afar, she most likely would have done it.

Kiriko usually didn't worry about the details, but for this alone, she couldn't help but think about this and that.


That was how vital it was for her to think about Natsu's feelings.

That was how important Natsu's existence was to Kiriko.


「... O-Onatsu!」


For that reason.

There was no way she could stay silent like this.

She had 5 minutes until the nearest station. She had to properly take responsibility for her mistake.


「Wh-what is it?」

「Sorry about earlier!」

「Eh... Ki-Kiri-yan-san?」

「Seeing Aka-chi and Shiro-chi like that, I started feeling weird, and... I tried to do something strange to Onatsu. How should I apologize to you...?!」

「No, um, please raise your head. I don't really mind.」

「No, that's no good! As expected, I mustn't go out of control like that! What if, right now, I kneel down or completely prostrate myself――」

「S-stop, stop, Kiri-yan-san. First of all, let's calm down.」


With her thoughts spinning in circles, Kiriko was about to fall completely prostrate, but Natsu stopped her in a panic.

Contrary to how she herself was about to blow her fuse, Natsu somehow seemed calm. She showed signs of nervousness, but she was in much better condition than Kiriko was right now.

Noticing that, although Kiriko managed to calm down, she became a little embarrassed.


「Phew. A-are you okay, Kiri-yan-san?」

「Um, uh... yes.」

「If you're that depressed, it looks like you're still quite unwell... well, that's fine. Please listen to me.」

「? Listen?」


When she was told that, Kiriko, who was looking down, suddenly looked up.

Natsu, with a face that was a little red, took a deep breath,


「――About that time... I didn't dislike it.」

「............ Eh?」

「Like I said, I didn't dislike it.」

「You didn't dislike it... p-perhaps.」

「Yes. At that time, even though I was about to be kissed by Kiri-yan-san, I didn't harbor a single unpleasant feeling.」

「Eh, such a, why――」


And just as she was about to ask that question, Kiriko noticed.

Maybe what Natsu was trying to say was――


「Yes.」


As if she understood her state of mind, Natsu nodded.

And then, she took another deep breath.

As if her heart had been resuscitated, taking off her glasses, she stared straight at Kiriko with green eyes that, even at this moment, she could say were very beautiful.



「Ever since you told me that these eyes I had no confidence in were beautiful, I've longed for you!」

「――――!!!!!」



It was an old-fashioned expression, but of course she knew what it meant.

And the thing she thought might be true was exactly right; those words were enough to reignite the heat in Kiriko's chest from that time.


「U... wa...」


Her face was hot. Pulse fast. Breathing shallow. Even when she clutched herself with both hands, it didn't die down.

It was the first time someone had expressed their feelings so directly to Kiriko.


「............ I’m too happy.」


An unconscious mutter came out of her mouth.

Yes.

She was exceedingly happy. She felt exceedingly fortunate.

The feelings the girl in front of her eyes right now harbored were feelings she had only noticed in herself just yesterday, but.

That was exactly why.

Various feelings were overflowing in this place right now.


「M-me too!」


Before she knew it, she had spoken out loud.



「――I've fallen completely in love with Onatsu!」



「Uueh...!?」


This time, it was Natsu's turn to get hot, but.

Kiriko's overflowing feelings didn't stop there.


「With Shiro-chi, it was only for an instant, and I gave up quickly, but! I started to like Onatsu when I saw those beautiful eyes! Since that day, I've fallen in love with you little by little as we've become closer! When you listened to me talk yesterday, I was able to understand the serious love inside me!」

「――――」

「And just now, Onatsu, you said you love me, so once again, I'm falling even more tremendously in love with you!」

「!!!!!」


When she talked on and on to that extent.

Natsu, who received that head-on, took one step, two steps, three steps back,


「Ah... ah~~~~~~~~......」


And just after, sank down to the floor.

Not good, did I express too much?

But there was no way anyone could stop this feeling.


「A-are you okay, Onatsu?」


In any case, Kiriko knelt in a panic and examined Natsu, who was still sitting on the ground.

For a few seconds, her green eyes were out of focus, but looking like she had somehow revived,


「Yeah, um... what is this? Finally, I was able to say what I wanted to say, and then, my feelings of love came true. Having one's knees give way like this really does happen.」

「Onatsu.」

「That's just... how happy I am right now.」

「――――」


Facing Natsu, whose beautiful eyes narrowed as she smiled weakly.

Kiriko once again realized her feelings for her were overflowing.


「Wa... Ki-Kiri-yan-san.」


Before she knew it, even though she was down on her knees, she had unconsciously hugged her tightly.

She was small, slender, and seemed fragile, yet felt very hot.

Perceiving all of that,


「I'm happy as well, but above all, I'm relieved.」

「Kiri-yan-san?」

「Without even checking how Onatsu felt, I was on the verge of doing such a thing. I thought over and over again what I would do if you hated me. But instead, you said you love me.」

「... Kiri-yan-san.」

「I'm glad... I'm really glad!」


She felt very relieved and at ease.

For a moment, tears were about to well up in her eyes, but,


「Coming to hate you is impossible.」


Natsu hugged her back.


「Since no matter what happens, I'll be fixing my eyes on you.」

「Onatsu...」


Like that, they gently embraced each other.

Neither of them paid attention to anything like timing, but they mutually separated from each other a little and calmly locked eyes,


「Onatsu, I love you!」

「Yes. I also love Kiri-yan-san.」

「Please stay with me forever!」

「Of course.... I will never leave your side.」


So saying, Natsu slightly raised her chin and closed her green eyes.

With just that, Kiriko realized what she wanted.

So to speak――this is a continuation of earlier...!

Her heart thumped heavily.

This scene wasn't due to momentum after seeing Mashiro and Akami overlapping, but was after they conveyed their love to each other.

Fortunately, there were currently no people around.

Without a doubt, it was the best situation.


「............」


Is this fine? Kiriko asked herself.

It's fine, Natsu said silently.

――In that case, she had no choice but to do it.

Gently grabbing her dainty shoulders.

A moment ago, she thought her green eyes were as beautiful as ever, and with her soft, full lips――


「............ u」


Her own――


「...... Uu, uuu.」


Overlapping――



「............Uaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I can do it after allllllll!?」



Didn't happen.

Kiriko writhed on the ground while holding her head.


「Ki-Kiri-yan-san?」

「I'm sorry, Onatsu, I'm at my limit! I've been thinking about a lot of things since a while ago, and on top of that, I was incredibly nervous, and my head can't keep up anymoreee!」


Precisely because Kiriko usually didn't think about minor details.

With the matter of Mashiro and Akami, the impulsive failed attempt, the awkward five-minute walk, the mutual confession battle, and furthermore, more nervousness than she felt during basketball games.

The inside of her head had reached its breaking point.


「... Well, I myself don't know what would have happened if we had moved forward any further.」

「Sorry, I'm sorry, Onatsu. Please forgive me for being such a wuss...」


She couldn't think of anything.

She was simply pathetic.

If it were Mashiro, she surely would have advanced without hesitation even in this situation. She felt like this was also a decisive difference between them.

As expected, in this current situation, Kiriko couldn't think positively, but,



「――I think it's fine.」



Natsu said those kind words to her.

That made Kiriko suddenly raise her head.

The situation had already settled down, so she had put glasses back on, and although it was hard to see her green eyes... she could tell that her gaze was endlessly gentle.

And the small hand that was reaching out to her was as well.


「Kiri-yan-san, without imitating those two super express trains, let’s go slowly, at our own pace.」

「...... Is that okay?」

「Yes. Up until now, Kiri-yan-san's cheerfulness has always pulled me along. At least this time, please let me lead you.」

「............」


Aah.

Those words and that smile seeped into Kiriko's heart.

Truly.

She was glad she fell in love with her.

With such deep feelings, Kiriko took her outstretched hand,


「... Thank you, Onatsu.」

「Yes.」

「... Let's get married, Onatsu.」

「Ye... wait, ueeeeee!? N-no, no no no, like I said, we don't have to go at that super express speed!?」

「Sorry, it kind of just naturally slipped out of my mouth. But... I think in the future, I really want to be like that!」

「... Geez, really, that aspect of you...」

「Hahaha.」


Like that, smiling at each other and holding hands.

Kiriko started walking slowly.

Matching her, Natsu also showed her vigorous steps.

Truly.


――I want the two of us to keep walking like this forever.


From the bottom of her heart, Kiriko thought that.


  ☆  ★  ☆  ★  ☆  ★

 

A lot of things happened today.

I still have a lot on my mind, but.

The only thing I can say is


I'm glad.

Yes, truly, I'm glad...!

Comments

  1. thank you for yet another super sweet chapter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's a surprise that I survived reading that nuke

    ReplyDelete
  4. DOUBLE GAY POGGIES

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the chapter!! i was grinning like an idiot the whole time reading that, still am

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment