My Friend Doesn't Hesitate 13.5

 ACT 13.5     Is This Actually Happening?


「Arrival!」


The teachers regularly told her not to run in the hallways, so walking as fast as possible, Kizaki Kiriko carried Midoriya Natsu all the way to their first year class 2 classroom.

They were apparently the first to arrive; there was no one in the classroom yet.


「Auu......」


Meanwhile, Natsu, who was being carried in Kiriko's arms, had passed out.

Her thick glasses, which always showed no gaps when she wore them, had slipped upwards onto her forehead.

Was I that rough? Well, she doesn't look injured, so it should be fine?


「Oーi, Onatsu, we've arrivedー!」

「Eh... awawawawaa, uhh, glasses, glasses...」


After a light shake, Natsu regained consciousness and was flustered at finding herself in a world without vision.

Though it wasn't to the same extent as Akami, Natsu was also petite, so she looked like a panicking puppy, and Kiriko involuntarily relaxed a little.


「It's kind of nice, an action peculiar to glasses girls. It's the first time I've seen it!」

「Don't laugh, please help me~. Without them, I can't even see my own fingerprints~」

「Onatsu, forehead, forehead.」

「Eh... oh!」


When Natsu used her hand to search her forehead and found her glasses, she opened her eyes wide.

Although she looked embarrassed that she hadn't realized they were there until now, she let out a sigh of relief at finally regaining her sight.


「Aah, they often say that it's darkest under the lamp post.」

「I'm glad, Onatsu!」

「I don't understand what you're glad about, but, well, it's fine. First of all, since we've arrived at our destination, could you let me down?」

「Oh, sorry, sorry.」


She was too light, so she had forgotten.

When Kiriko put Natsu down, she looked like she could properly stay standing on her feet. Her steps were wobbly, but she seemed to have recovered a little.


「I was surprised by how sudden it was, but Kiri-yan-san, thank you very much.」

「No prob! If you want to be carried again, tell me anytime!」

「No, as you'd expect, it would be bad to always rely on you. However, I think this time was a good experience. I think I can use it in my future manuscripts, so I'm grateful.」

「Is that so? I also made a discovery, so I'm satisfied!」

「? Discovery? What do you mean?」


When Natsu tilted her head.

Kiriko smiled cheerfully and said,



「Onatsu, you have really beautiful eyes!」



In front of her, Natsu slightly shifted her glasses.

When she did so―― the largeness and transparent green tinge of her eyes was revealed. They were usually hidden behind her thick glasses, so Kiriko noticed for the first time during the events of a moment ago... but looking at them again, they were truly beautiful.

So much so that Kiriko honestly wanted to look at them forever.


「Pl-please stop. I don't really show them to people...」


For a moment, Natsu was stunned by Kiriko's gaze, but she quickly regained her composure and turned her face away.


「Wehー, isn't that a waste? Even though they're so beautiful!」

「I... have a complex about the color of my eyes. When I was a child, I was often laughed at and told I don't look Japanese――」

「I won't laugh.」

「Eh......」


Natsu put her glasses back in place and refused to meet her gaze, but Kiriko grabbed her by the shoulders and slightly forcibly made her turn to face herself.

Staring at the green-tinged eyes in the depths of those glasses head-on,



「I like Onatsu's beautiful eyes. I will absolutely never laugh.」



「――――」


Struck by Kiriko's words, Natsu stiffened.


「Ah... th-thank you, very, much.」

「Of course!」


Although she was embarrassed, she gave her a small nod.

It seemed she was able to properly convey her feelings.

Kiriko's mood was truly sunny.


「Bu-but, I myself, still don't have that much confidence in my eyes, so I think I'll refrain from immediately showing them to people after all...」

「I see. Then, it's fine if it's only for me, but I'd like you to show them again!」

「... Aah, that aspect of you...」

「Eh?」

「No, um... understood. When there's another opportunity,  I'll secretly show them to Kiri-yan-san.」

「? Got it!」


Kiriko was curious why, at the end, the tone of Natsu's voice dropped and her breathing got quite a bit louder... but, well, since Natsu was fine, it should be fine.

Shortly after, their classmates returned, so their conversation ended there.

When Nogi Mashiro returned, she was carrying Nishina Akami in her arms in the same way Kiriko had done with Natsu, and Kiriko burst out laughing beside them.

Natsu hadn't moved to join them, but had her hand on her chest and was still breathing heavily.

 

   ☆  ★  ☆  ★  ☆  ★

I thought I was in a position to enjoy watching over Mashiro-san and Akami-san, but.

... Is this actually happening to me as well?


Haah... what should I do?

Comments

  1. Super cute! If that couple has a spin-off I’d love to read it.
    Thanks the chapter, translator!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, there's no spin-off, but I will say that almost 1/4th of the story is side chapters, so... there may be future developments.

      Delete

Post a Comment