My Friend Doesn't Hesitate 14

 ACT 14     What Comes From Thinking Anew About What's Important?


「Oh my, Mashiro-chan.」


Homeroom, their last class of the day, was over, and as Mashiro and Akami walked down the hallways to the shoe racks at the entrance, someone called out to Mashiro. When Mashiro turned to face them, the person there caused her to automatically break into a broad smile.

She had shoulder length hair and was wearing a small blue star hairpin.

Her physique was as petite as Akami, and the school insignia of the perfectly tidy school uniform she was wearing had the color for second year students.


「Acchan-senpai!」

「Fufu, it's been a while.」

「Yeah!」


That girl was her senpai from middle school, Inui Aisa, and ever since she graduated last year, Mashiro had had few opportunities to meet her.

Being able to meet like this for the first time in a long time, Mashiro's feelings were naturally uplifted.


「It's been a long time, Acchan-senpai. You seem to be doing well.」

「That's right; it's wonderful that Mashiro-chan is in good health as well. And... Akami-chan too.」

「... Y-yes.」


When Aisa called out to Akami, who was next to Mashiro, Akami gave a slightly stiff reply. Her usually fluffy aura had gone inactive, so was she nervous?

Well, was that a trifling matter?


「Acchan-senpai, are you heading to club activities after this?」

「That's right. Today we're going to the shopping district.」

「Shopping district?」


The shopping district was just a few minutes walk from their school.

In this town, which was said to be relatively rural, it was always a crowded place overflowing with energy, and the annual eating tour event week was supposed to be happening soon...


「Yes. The club I belong to is helping the Chamber of Commerce with the miscellaneous tasks needed before the event is held. There are many things I'm encountering for the first time, so there are various difficulties, but everything's an experience.」

「Ooh... As expected of Acchan-senpai, how wonderful!」

「Even if you sweet talk me like a dog trying to get her master in a good mood when begging for food, I won't give you anything.」


Aisa replied with a wry smile.

Since around November of last year, Aisa had been in a club that mainly does service within the school, but it seemed the club's activities were spreading in all directions to include the neighborhood as well.

Come to think of it, even when they first met, Aisa was a person who voluntarily did helpful things for people; she would dependably complete requests from others, and she was relied on by her classmates and junior girls for things like love advice.


「Senpai, some other time, could we talk? With Hiroshi-kun as well.」

「Ok. My younger brother has wanted to see you too... it depends on that kid's schedule, but when there's a suitable time――」


「Ooii, Aisa! Is that where you were?」

「Aisa-chaan.」


Ahead of where they were talking, voices came toward them.

When she looked, there were two girls waving in their direction; one was a baby-faced girl with bobbed hair who was even smaller than Aisa, and the other was a tall, beautiful woman with fluffy hair who was wearing glasses.

It was her first time seeing them, but something about the duo gave them a strong sense of presence. Judging from the colors of the school emblems on their chests, both seemed to be second-year students like Aisa.


「Everyone is already assembled at the school gate. Thou art the only one left.」

「If you don't hurry, we'll leave you behindー.」

「I'm sorry, President, Ouka. I'll be right there.」


Aisa responded to the two's calls.


「Sorry, I have to go now.」

「Are they from your club?」

「Yeah, those kids are all sorts of amazing. I'd like to introduce them, but it'll have to be at another time.」

「Ah... ok, Acchan-senpai, sorry for detaining you.」

「It's fine. I was happy to see Mashiro-chan after a long time.」

「Y-yes!」

「Akami-chan as well, let’s talk at our leisure some time.」

「...... Ok.」


Leaving the words『So then, see you later』behind with a smile on her face, Aisa didn't rush or act flustered, but walked away calmly.

Mashiro's gaze was nailed to her figure as she joined the aforementioned duo and walked to the school building's entrance while chatting with them.


「... Acchan-senpai is as wonderful as ever.」

「You're in high spirits, Shiro-chan. Did it make you that happy?」

「That's natural, isn't it? Acchan-senpai is a very reliable and friendly Onee-san.」

「Hmph...」

「? What's wrong, Akami?」


Contrary to the cheerful Mashiro, Akami was a little lacking in energy... or rather, she seemed somehow sullen.


「For Shiro-chan, Aisa-senpai is important, isn't she」

「Yeah. When I was in middle school, she helped me in various ways, like in studying and cooking... no matter how much I repay the favor, it isn't enough.」

「Is that so?... I'm a little jeal...」



「Ah, but speaking of that, Akami has also become very important to me.」



「Uu... eh!?」


Akami was about to mutter something, but before she could, that came to Mashiro's mind.


「It's only been about a month since I first met Akami, but school life has been fun the whole time.」

「Sh-Shiro-chan?」

「We have replenishment every morning, you helped me with makeup, sometimes made me want to act spoiled, and were always by my side when I felt like I needed you.」

「Sh-Sh-Sh-Shiro-chan......!?」

「This last month has been so enjoyable, when I think about how I'll be together with Akami for the next three years of high school, and how we'll always be together after that as well, I can't hold back my excitement.」

「Shiro-chan, stop, stop!」


When Mashiro was in the middle of thinking about the future, she was hurriedly stopped by Akami, whose face was bright red.

Did I say something bad...\ she thought, but it wasn't the right atmosphere to ask.

Akami simply clutched her chest with her hand and breathed deeply a few times,


「... Sorry, Shiro-chan.」

「? Why are you apologizing?」

「No, um... anyway, sorry. I also want to know more about Aisa-senpai. Next time we meet, I'll be able to speak more smoothly.」

「Eh, what, that's sudden. I'm a little jealous that Akami would say such a thing.」

「Quit it, hahaha.」


She didn't quite understand the inner feelings behind Akami's wry smile, but, well, it should be fine.

Her important people deepening their relationship with each other didn't feel bad to Mashiro.

She looked forward to the day when she and Akami could talk with Aisa and her close friends at their leisure.


  ☆  ★  ☆  ★  ☆  ★


A moment ago, my jealousy showed on my face; I'm reflecting a little.

However.

After all, when it comes to Shiro-chan's『important』, I want to become number one.

Comments

Post a Comment