My Friend Doesn't Hesitate 28

ACT28     Can Such a Happy Situation Really Exist?



「In the end, what were you two talking about?」


At the dinner table, Mashiro asked that question to her mother, who was sitting across from her, and Akami, who was sitting next to her.

In her house, the kitchen and the living room were separated from each other, and while Mashiro was preparing dinner in the kitchen, the conversation between the two in the living room seemed to be very lively, but unfortunately, Mashiro couldn't hear the details.

Somehow or other, she grasped that Akami was surprised to hear about her mother's work, but,


「Mmm, it's me and Akami-chan's se・cret.」

「Yeah, I have to keep this a secret...」


Her mother wore a smile and Akami slightly blushed as they made the same pose with their index fingers. It looked like they had gotten very close. To the point of being jealous.


「... What's with that? I'm the only one out of the loop.」

「Mashiro-chan, the more secrets a woman has, the more attractive she is. Remember that.」

「I don't need to have that much charm.」

「No, Shiro-chan. You promised not to self-deprecate the other day, right? Shiro-chan is charming! Absolutely! Understood?」

「... Muu.」


With her mother being evasive, and Akami reprimanding her, Mashiro was at a loss for words.

... Well, she was used to it, though.


「Putting that aside, Akami-chan. How is Mashiro-chan’s cooking?」

「Ah, yes, it's really delicious. It was delicious when I ate it during school cooking lessons and when I snatched food from her bento, but it's even better when it's a full-fledged home-cooked meal.」

「Right?! This girl has been amazing since long ago!」

「... Why is Mom boastful? Also, Mom is the one who taught me how to cook, so aren't you more amazing?」

「No, no, with Mashiro-chan's skill, I could already give you away as a bride!」

「...!」


Her mother puffed out her chest, and for some reason, Akami's shoulders jumped.

Mashiro didn't really understand either of their reactions and just tilted her head.


「When I'm praised so unreservedly, rather than getting embarrassed, it makes me wonder if it's really true.」

「But Mashiro-chan. Having dinner with Mom and Akami-chan like this makes you think that it's really delicious, right?」

「... That's true.」


That went without saying.

It just so happened that her mother finished work early today, and for Mashiro, who usually had dinner alone, it was no exaggeration to say that this dinner table with her beloved mother and best friend Akami was the best.

After feeling that, she thought once again about being praised.


「Yeah. Thanks, both of you.」


She was able to honestly express her gratitude.

Thereupon, for some reason.

Both her mother across from her and Akami next to her had Buddha-like smiles on their faces.


「Wh-what is it?」

「No... umm, I just thought, Shiro-chan's so cute.」

「Wha...!」

「It's just like Akami-chan said. Mashiro-chan, today your cuteness has exploded!」

「Even Mom... u-umm, stop, geez...!」

「Shiro-chan's cute!」

「Nogi Mashiro-chan's cute!」

「I said stop!?」


Mashiro was too embarrassed, so even though she was in the middle of eating, she held her face and hung her head.

The heat in her face wasn't fading at all.

However.

She was happy to be praised.

Now, at this time, incredibly――


「...... Fufu」


As soon as she felt that, Mashiro couldn't help but laugh.


「Shiro-chan?」

「Mashiro-chan.」


And with that leaked laughter, the momentum of the two's praise stopped, and they tilted their heads a little.

Mashiro raised her face and turned towards the two.


「I can't help but feel incredibly happy.」

『――――』



「For the sake of this happiness, in the future, I want to cook for you two as much as I can.」



『!!!!!』


When she honestly told them how she felt.

――It was as usual for Akami, but even her mother blushed.


「... Thank you, Shiro-chan.」

「Fu, fufu, as expected of my daughter...」


After a short time, they were only just able to speak those replies; it seemed they took her words in a good way.

She was glad she was able to convey her feelings to the people she cared about.

Mashiro was very satisfied.


  ☆  ★  ☆  ★  ☆  ★


Not long after dinner was over, Shiro-chan went to the kitchen to clean up, but.

Mishiro-san and I went to the living room.


「... Hey, Akami-chan.」

「What is it, Mishiro-san?」

「My child... since when has she had that level of technique? That made even my heart throb for a bit...」

「No, well, umm...」


I have no idea how to answer...

Shiro-chan's powers of wooing that can nearly make even her mother fall... perhaps they know no bounds?


「Akami-chan.」

「Yes?」

「Good luck! With everything!」

「............ Yes.」


Mishiro-san really cheered me on in many ways.

That was my first visit to Shiro-chan's house.

... I'll probably never forget this day for the rest of my life.

Comments

  1. thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Her momma is already trying to get the married. I seriously love them all haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment