My Friend Doesn't Hesitate 45

ACT45     What Is Her Answer When Asked Who She Is?



「I-I'm an inexperienced person, but I look forward to working with you today.」


Once she returned home to change from her uniform to casual clothes.

After Mashiro called her mother to let her know that Akami said OK to staying overnight, as she was in the middle of making a list of what she needed to get while shopping today, the intercom rang.

Thinking it was almost certainly Akami, Mashiro went to meet her at the door.


「... Akami, are you going on a trip?」


With one hand on a small wheeled suitcase, Akami was standing at the entrance with a nervous expression despite her appearance, including her makeup, being perfect; she was wearing a trendy summer outfit, with a pure white dress that didn't have a single wrinkle due to being ironed, a beige and brown checkered blouse on top of it, and sandals with small heels on her bare feet.

Cute.

She was cute, but.

Rather than needing to calm down, Mashiro was confused.


「I-I'm not going anywhere! After all, it's my first time staying over at Shiro-chan's house, umm... I also have to greet Mishiro-san...」

「But Mom's already left for work and won't be back until nighttime, and besides, if you're going to help me with housework, I think something a little easier to move in would be better...」

「Uu......」


Akami small body's got even smaller. It seemed she had gotten fired up and gone nowhere fast. She was also cute like this.

Letting out a sigh――Mashiro suddenly tried imagining what she would do if she was going to stay the night at Akami's house.

Although it wasn't a mansion, the Nishina residence was overflowing with elegance.

Awaiting her there would be Nishina Akari-san, who combined Akami's cuteness with a soft and fluffy aura... when she thought about that.


「Akami.」

「Eh, what, Shiro-chan.」

「Well... I understand your feelings.」

「Eh? Eh?」


After Mashiro nodded earnestly, Akami looked bewildered, but putting that aside.


「For now, why don't you come inside and leave that wheeled suitcase in the living room? I'll prepare to go out, and once I'm ready, let's go shopping together.」

「Mm... that's right, that might be best.」


Since Akami had gone to great lengths to dress herself up, she decided to go shopping for the things she needed before doing housework.

Having Akami wait for a little, Mashiro took off the casual clothes she had only worn briefly and changed into her outing clothes. Her top was a pastel pink shirt combined with a frilly thin white cardigan, and her bottoms were slightly oversized jeans. Her accessory was a relatively cheap silver necklace.

After she finished changing her clothes and put on a light coating of makeup in the bathroom,


「I've kept you waiting, Akami. Let's go.」

「Ooh, Shiro-chan is also properly dressed up!」

「When I go shopping, I change from casual loungewear to full-fledged clothes every single time, which makes me realize that I've changed.」

「Yeah yeah, I'm happy about Shiro-chan's growth.」

「Truly, it's all thanks to Akami.」


While lightheartedly conversing like that.

Hands naturally joining together, Mashiro and Akami headed for the neighborhood shopping district.


  ☆  ★  ☆  ★  ☆  ★


The purpose of this shopping isn't clothes or cosmetics, merely daily necessities and ingredients for today's dinner, but.

This still feels like a date, and for me, it feels really nice!

It might be a normal thing for Shiro-chan, though.


「Auntie, two hundred grams of pork belly, please.」

「Oh my, Mashiro-chan. Thank you for always coming. Is it curry today?」

「Yeah. I was thinking I'd make it for the first time in a while.」

「I see. Ah, there are new side dishes, would you like any?」

「Mm, I'll take those too. Auntie's fried food is always the best.」

「Oh my, I'm glad. I'll give you a discount!」


Nevertheless.

Shiro-chan, you're acquainted with almost all of the shopkeepers in the shopping district, aren't you?

She's having a very friendly conversation with the butcher auntie right now, but the shopkeepers for places like the greengrocer, furniture shop, and pharmacy also smiled when they saw Shiro-chan.

She said she's been doing housework since long ago, so I suppose it's only natural for her to have deep connections like this?

... It feels like I've learned one more thing about Shiro-chan.


「By the way, Mashiro-chan, is that young lady your friend?」


While looking at me beside Shiro-chan, the butcher shop auntie asked that question to her.

That made my shoulders twitch, and when I was about to reply,



「――Yeah, my precious girlfriend.」


 

Nonchalantly, without hesitation, Shiro-chan said that.


「Sh-Shiro-chan......!?」

「Ah......」


The word『oops』was written all over Shiro-chan's face for a moment,


「Sh-she's such a good girl and we're such close friends it makes me want to have her as my girlfriend!」


And she hastily added that.

I feel like that attempt to gloss over it is quite forced, but it looks like the auntie isn't concerned about that,


「Is that so? I'm glad you've made more friends, Mashiro-chan. You used to be a little shy, so I'm relieved.」

「Ah, haha, hahaha, thank you, Auntie.」


It seems she successfully misled her.

Ahー, I was surprised. Shiro-chan, with a cramped smile, winks『sorry』to me. Geez, really, be careful...


「Young lady, young lady.」


Then the butcher shop auntie beckoned me.

When I approached, wondering what she wanted, the auntie softly whispered to me,



「I think, in the future, Mashiro-chan will become a super excellent wife who can perfectly do every household chore.――Young lady, you absolutely mustn't let that girl go?」



She wasn't misled at all!?

No, I'm very happy she's understanding, but even so, having the conversation proceed that far all at once...!


「What's wrong, Akami? Let's go.」

「Eh, no, um...!」

「Aah, I'm sorry, Mashiro-chan, I kept her back.――May you have a happy future!」


Auntie, stop kicking me when I'm already down!?


And so, there was one scene like that, but.

Shiro-chan, my wife?

............ Heh, hehe, uhehehehe, how nice.

Imagining it is nice. Yeah, really nice...

Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter!
    Just imagining Akami's face make me double over lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete
  3. The butcher lady is right about that
    Thanks for the chapter!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment