My Friend Doesn't Hesitate 44

ACT44     Everything Is Wonderful


「Phew, it's over.」


The last day of the first term's final exams.

After finishing her last subject, Mashiro felt fatigue from using her head as well as a sense of liberation, and she unconsciously leaned back limply in her seat.

If someone looked at her from the side, perhaps they would see smoke coming out of her head. That was how focused she had been.

A certain percentage of the students in the classroom were in the same state as Mashiro. They had likely been desperate to avoid failing marks and the consequent remedial lessons. Incidentally, about 10% had turned ashen and were looking up at the heavens.... Was there any need to guess why?


「Shiro-chan, how were the exams?」


Akami, who was unconnected with such fatigued states or ashenness, asked that from the seat in front of her.

She probably felt good about her results. It looked like her exuberant energy was overflowing from her baby face. Cute.

It also helped her feelings of fatigue, and it seemed Mashiro caused Akami's atmosphere to soften even further, but setting that aside.


「Better than midterms, I think. I should be smack dab in the middle, maybe even encroaching on the upper end of the average.」

「Is that so. I was spot on this time as well. The study method Kiri-yan taught me was useful, and besides...」

「? Besides?」


When Mashiro tilted her head, Akami smiled sweetly and brought her face a little closer to her ear,



「I didn't want my grades to fall due to starting to date Shiro-chan.」

「――――」



Even though she whispered quietly.

Mashiro felt the inside of her chest heat up.

Truly, how admirable and cute was this girl? Moreover, she thought seriously about both her own affairs and Mashiro's.

That was just how much she loved Mashiro.


「U, waa, Shiro-chan!?」


Her affection for her was overflowing, and although it was across her desk, Mashiro couldn't help but hug Akami.


「Akami, you really are the best.」

「Sh-Shiro-chan, everyone is watchingwatchingwatching!」

「Mm... oo-oops.」


Not good, not good. The fact that they were dating was still a secret to everyone.

When she separated from her in a panic while looking at the surroundings, she saw gazes here and there that felt like they were saying『They're doing it again』and『They're as close as ever』 ...... Was that level seen as just skinship between friends?


「Sorry, Akami.」

「Geez, be careful, Shiro-chan.」

「But, later... ok?」

「..... Geez.」


Akami turning red while nodding slightly was also cute.

... Even before they started dating, she had seen Akami blush like this many times, but now it was even more emotionally touching than before; it felt like her desire to immediately hug her tight and stroke her head and kiss her would overflow.

However, with Akami's feelings of embarrassment, she had to restrain herself. She would control herself...!

In that way, while Mashiro agonized, Akami apparently regained her composure,


「Shiro-chan, do you have any plans after this? Finals are over, so why don't we go out and have fun somewhere?」

「Mm, I'd like to do that very much, but I'm on meal duty today, so I have to prepare dinner. Also, I'd like to do some shopping for things like daily necessities.」

「Is that so. Then, like I said the other day, shall I go to Shiro-chan's house and help?」

「Are you sure? It'll be quite a chore.」

「It's fine, it's fine. I'm free today, and our after test break starts tomorrow.」


Yes.

After finals were finished, they had the week up until the end of term ceremony off from school.

As for the results of the final exams, the exam papers wouldn't be returned; only the result sheets would be handed out along with report cards at the closing ceremony.

That wasn't how it was done up through middle school, which made Mashiro wonder if it was really okay, but setting that aside.


「It kind of feels like I'm suddenly putting a burden on Akami.」

「I don't think of it as a burden?」

「Is that so?」

「In my house, my mother does everything, so I’m not really used to housework, you know? So, I was thinking it would be a good idea to take this chance to properly get used to it... besides...」

「? Besides?」


When Mashiro urged her to continue, Akami's slightly small body fidgeted,



「If I can increase the time I spend with Shiro-chan, that might conversely be an incredibly happy thing.」

「...!」



Why was this girl so excessively wonderful?

It was hopeless now. She really wanted to hug her right now――


Gashi


「Shi・ro・cha・n? Restrain yourself, restrain yourself...?」


And just as Mashiro was about to spread her arms wide, Akami sensed it in advance and grabbed both of her wrists.

Contrary to her small physique, she was quite strong.


「Akami, even if you say that......!」

「It's truly no good, ok? Restrain yourself?」

「But for some reason, I can't contain myself...!」

「In that case, for a while, I'll need to be the stopper. Let's learn to restrain ourselves little by little...!」

「But, after all, Akami is the best...!」

「E-even if you praise me, I won't loosen my restraint...!?」


And so, Mashiro couldn't control her overflowing feelings, and Akami tried to restrain her somehow.

For some reason, it turned into a power comparison between the two. Mashiro felt like this was kind of fun in its own way. Maybe that was the case for Akami as well.

What do the students in our class feel about this scene? Mashiro wondered for a moment, but did they view this as skinship between friends after all?


Someday, I want to brag that Akami is the best girlfriend.


Even though she was suddenly seized with such a thought.

Right now, in front of Akami, who was still holding her down, Mashiro had no choice but to restrain herself....... for now.


  ☆  ★  ☆  ★  ☆  ★

 

...... Even while thinking Shiro-chan's unconscious behavior has truly beaten me.

I love that part of her as well.

If only I had a little more boldness like Shiro-chan, I could be brazen...


「Ah, ok, understood. I'll discuss it with her right after this. Ok... Then, for now, I'll hang up.」


On the way home with Shiro-chan.

Up until now, Shiro-chan has been on a call with her mom, Mishiro-san, but it looks like it's over now.


「When I told her Akami was coming to help, Mom was really happy.」

「Mm, is that so... Come to think of it, I haven't met Mishiro-san since that rainy day, so I'd like to see her again.」

「Ah, about that.」


Shiro-chan put her smartphone in her skirt pocket.

Turning to face me with a slightly ceremonious demeanor,



「Akami. Today, while you're at it, would you like to stay the night after helping me?」



............ What did you just say?

Comments

Post a Comment