My Friend Doesn't Hesitate 48

ACT48     What Does She Have to Report?


「Wow, the destructive power of you two wearing aprons was amazing. I'd like to show it to my friends!」

「Mom. How many times have you said that?」

「Hahaha...」


As the three surrounded the dining table.

While heartily eating dinner, which was curry, Mishiro had even higher excited energy than usual; Mashiro, who was across from her, and Akami, who was sitting next to Mashiro, were watching her with half-opened eyes and wry smiles.

Furthermore,


「Hmm, the curry ingredients are cut differently than how Mashiro-chan does it, so that was done by Akami-chan, right!? That might be why it's so delicious!」

「Th-thank you very much. Shiro-chan taught me from scratch.」

「The seasoning and cooking were done by Mashiro-chan, right!? Nn, it's been a long time since I've had curry, but I love this flavor after all!」

「Mm, thank you...」


When she complimented her as well, her praise was effusive. Her mom regularly praised her in an exaggerated style, but today's ruling was thoroughly flattering.

Based on her high excited energy, Mashiro perceived from her atmosphere that she drank a little while at work... but even making allowances for that, her mother was lively today.


「Mom, did something good happen?」

「Nn? You noticed? I met a senpai from my student days at the store today!」

「Mishiro-san's?」

「That's right, that's right. Someone who could be called my master in housework skills!」

「Eh, is that true?」


She was a little curious.

Mashiro's housework skills were learned from her mother, so her mother could be called her master, but... after all, she felt like she wanted to meet the person her mother studied under.


「Mom, I wonder if I can meet that person sometime?」

「Nn, well, if there's an opportunity.」

「I-I want to meet them as well!」

「...... Akami-chan, I think you're okay?」

『Eh?』


Mashiro and Akami both tilted their heads, but Mishiro only made a small wry smile.

In any case, while they were doing that, dinner ended,


「Thank you for the meal. It was delicious!」

「It was nothing special. I'll clean up, so Mom and Akami, go relax.」

「I'll help you, Shiro-chan.」

「No, I can do this amount by myself, and Akami has already assisted me a lot so far. You were really helpful, thank you. So much so that I wish we could do housework together every day.」

「!!!!! Sh... Shiro-chan, once again unconsciously...!」

「Oh my~, thank you for this feast as well.」


While Mashiro was gathering the tableware, she expressed her gratitude to Akami; in response, Akami stiffened as her face reddened, and for some reason, Mishiro pressed her hands together in a praying posture.

It was a getsure the two didn't really understand, but, well, it should be fine.

Once she quickly cleaned up and heated the bath afterward, she would be done.

Now then, one final push.


  ☆  ★  ☆  ★  ☆  ★


「So, Shiro-chan is amazing. Somehow, when cleaning, she would remove the dirt with just one wipe, and when seasoning the food, she would bring out that amazing flavor just by swishing it around. It was like magic.」

「Mm, I wonder if that's because I did a good job teaching her the basics? But I think Akami-chan will also become able to do it in no time if you're taught properly.」

「Is that so?」


With an after meal iced coffee placed on the table, while relaxing on the sofa, I'm having an enjoyable chat with Mishiro-san.

At dinnertime, Mishiro-san was the only one talking, but in a complete change, it's become her turn to listen to me talk here... or rather, Mishiro-san herself seems to be doing it on purpose.

And, while she listens to me, Mishiro-san has a very gentle smile.

She's watching over me with a gentle gaze, as if she considers me her daughter just like Shiro-chan.

... I said we should keep it a secret, but for some reason or other, I feel like I have to report it to this person.


「Mi-Mishiro-san, I have something to formally talk about.」

「Mm? What is it?」


When I nervously broached the subject, Mishiro-san was as kind as ever... no, she was strangely excited. I can tell by her atmosphere.

Entirely as if she has guessed what I'm about to say, but even so, I,


「Umm, previously, I believe we talked about when I planned to confess to Shiro-chan――no, Mashiro-san.」

「Yeah, yeah, and so, and so!?」

「The other day, I confessed to her, and I'm officially dating Mashiro-san!」

「Oh my, as I expected! But, congratulations!」


When I finished saying it properly, Mishiro unreservedly congratulated me.

Previously, she saw through the unrequited love that I was hiding, and as one would expect from her strong approval at the time, she looks very happy.

...... Or perhaps I should say, as I thought, this person had already sensed it.

Once again, she's an amazing woman.


「So, when's the wedding?」

「Wedd...! N-No, umm, it's not time to think of anything like that yet, or rather, before that, women marrying each other, law-wise, umm...」

「Well, that's true, isn't it. But, well, even if there's no such contract on paper, Akami-chan wants to be with Mashiro-chan forever, right?」


While she has a gentle smile, Mishiro is looking me straight in the eye as she questions me, startling me a little.

A warning rang in the corner of my head that I shouldn't reply with half-hearted feelings, but.


「Yes. I want to be with Shiro-chan forever.」


――I won't let anyone say this feeling is false.

Neither Mishiro in front of me, nor of course, even Shiro-chan.

That's why I can assert that without hesitation. Like Shiro-chan.

 

「Yeah, if you have that feeling, you'll be fine.」

「Ah......」


After receiving that reply, Mishiro-san smiled again and gently hugged me.

It's warm, smells good, is a little heart throbbing, and yet... it feels like I've been wrapped up by something very big.

Taking everything together, I think this is the vastness of this person.


「Please take care of Mashiro-chan!」

「... Yes. It is I who should say, please treat me well from now on.」


I'm glad Shiro-chan's mother is this person.

I thought that from the bottom of my heart.


「So then, Akami-chan, I want to ask you one more thing.」

「Eh? Ah, yes, what is it?」


After I separated from that gentle embrace and took a sip of my after dinner iced coffee.

When Mishiro-san asked me, I braced myself a little, but,



「――Have you slept with Mashiro-chan yet?」



Bu――――!?


That unthinkable question made me involuntarily spit out the iced coffee in my mouth.


「Wh-wh-wh....!?」

「No, well, I didn't give Mashiro-chan any kind of sex education, but maybe Akami-chan is different, or someone got aroused and bam.」

「We, we didn't sleep together!? Bam, you say...  that was on the verge of happening, but it didn't!?」

「Wehー... I'd like to say, but I dated senpai for around half a year first, so maybe that isn't particularly strange?...

「Eh, wh-what are you saying?」

「Oh well, fine. If you haven't slept together, then you haven't. You can do it tonight.」

「Mishiro-san!?」

「With that said, Akami-chan. No matter what happens tonight, I'll pretend I didn't hear anything, so Akami-chan, you can do as you please.」

「I'm telling you, I won't do anything!?」


And as my face turned red while I objected to Mishiro-san's irresponsible incitement with teary eyes,


「Mom, Akami, the bath has heated up.」


It seems Shiro-chan finished cleaning up dinner, as she came to the living room and announced that.

In response, Mishiro-san's smile seemed to deepen,


「Ah, that's right. I'm fine with going last, so why don't Mashiro-chan and Akami-chan take a bath together?」

「Eh!......」


Take a bath together.

Shiro-chan reacted to those words before I did, and at the same time, her face turned red in the twinkling of an eye,


「Uhh... Akami? One at a time is fine, right?」

「Eh? Ah, y-yeah.」

「Since it's like that... Mom, sorry, but I'll go first.」


Leaving those words behind, Shiro-chan left the living room in a hurry, a blush still on her face.

It was cute.

It was cute, but.

I feel like that's a bad reaction to have in Mishiro-san's company right now...!?


「... Akami-chan?」


Sure enough, Mishiro-san turned to me with sparkling eyes,


「N-nothing happened!」


I immediately adopted a refusing attitude.

 

「What in the world did you do while I wasn't here?」


Naturally, my refusing attitude was ignored.


「W-w-we didn't do anything.」

「I see? If it's in the bath, the words slept together don't really apply? I see.」

「What are you convinced of!? I'm telling you, really, nothing happened!?」

「No, but, judging from Mashiro-chan's reaction, there's no way nothing happened, right!? Right!? Tell me in detail!」

「No way! Impossible! Denied! Personal privacy law compliance!」

「Don't say that! Come now, come now!」



Correction.

With this person as Shiro's mother.

In various senses, it seems my feelings won't be at ease...

Comments

Post a Comment