My Friend Doesn't Hesitate 47.35

ACT47.35     What Do the Two Want to Do From Now On?


「By the way, tonight, my daughter is visiting Mishiro-san house.」


After this and that happened to gently reconcile their parting 24 years ago, Akari shifted the topic to her beloved only daughter.


「That's right! I've wanted to talk with your Akami-chan again, you know, fufufu.」

「... Mishiro-san. Please don't do anything too inappropriate to my Akami.」

「What do you mean, Akari-senpai. Do I look like that kind of character?」

「Yes. When we were students, I was the one who confessed, but at that time, Mishiro-san had no hesitation.」

「Was that so? Was that really how it was? Hmm, I'll try remembering... fu, fufufu, ufufufufufu!」

「I know I brought it up, but you don't have to remember that deeply?」


While gazing at Mishiro's sloppy smile, Akari took a breath.

It was the kind of thing that seemed worthy of being blamed on youth, but even still, she had no regrets about what they did; rather, it was a precious memory for Akari.

...... Actively remembering it like Mishiro would be embarrassing, so putting that aside.


「Nevertheless, Senpai. I never expected that the second generation, my Mashiro and your Akami-chan, would become really close like their parents. It's an amazing coincidence, don't you think?!」

「Yes, that's true. However, I had heard about Mashiro-san from exchanging emails with Mishiro-san, and once it was decided that Akami would go to high school in this town, I had a vague hunch that this would happen.」


On her first day of high school, her daughter happily told her.


――She had immediately made one friend she felt like she could get close with.


When she heard that friend's name, Akari was both surprised and strangely convinced.

Aah, as expected, she thought.

Was not only their past selves, but also their daughters in the present being attracted to each other like this a coincidence, or fate?


「Well, it seems like the two are getting along well. Rather, judging from Mashiro-chan's recent way of talking, they're already together, aren't they?」

「Yes. The people concerned seem to be hiding it, but it's easy to understand from the complete change in Akami's atmosphere.」

「Yeahー... And so, Senpai.」


Then, Mishiro's usual excited energy suddenly changed completely, and she peered at her with a slightly meaningful look.

...... Akari somehow understood what she wanted to say.


Like us, no matter the form.



Sooner or later, will the two have to break up?



If that happens, and our daughters get hurt...

 

「It's okay.」


It's not like Akari had never imagined it.

But.

Nevertheless.

Towards Mishiro, Akari showed her usual sweet smile.


「Unlike me, that child doesn't serve anyone, and besides――」

「? Besides?」



「I've decided that no matter what happens, I will protect the happiness Akami desires.」



Her atonement to her for leaving without saying anything in the past.

That was part of it.

Her child raising duty as a mother.

That was part of it as well.

But.

More than anything else, what Nishina Akari wanted to do now――was to tenderly watch over her daughter Akami's smile.


「Mishiro-san, you've made the same decision, right?」

「... Of course! If it's for Mashiro-chan's happiness, I'll put in all the effort I can!」

「That's a good attitude. However, please don't physically take off your clothes like you did when you were a student.」 [TL note: Idiom being used here that means to work with great effort, but also literally means taking off one's shirt]

「Unuu. S-senpai, you just had to bring up that dark past I had mostly forgotten!」

「Fufufu.」


Mishiro's usual excited energy had returned.

After they laughed to each other for a while, seeming relieved, she looked at Akari,


「Senpai.」

「What is it, Mishiro-san?」

「............ Thank you.」

「...... Yes.」


She had already made up her mind, but.

Even so, there were times she would feel uneasy.

That was the same for Akari.

However,


「Akari-senpai, how about a drink? I'll treat you with my privilege as the shop's Mama!」

「It's still daytime.」

「Come on, it's fine, isn't it? Just one drink! Many times in the past, I thought about how I wanted to do this with Senpai when I became an adult!」

「... It can't be helped, then, just a little.」

「Hooray! I've always loved how Akari-senpai properly accepts me like this.」

「Mishiro-san's pushiness in such situations even though I'm older is something I admire as well.」

 

At that time, at that moment.

As long as she had a companion who could support her.


――Not just those kids, but surely we will be okay as well!


She strongly, strongly thought so.


  ☆  ★  ☆  ★  ☆  ★


7:00 pm.

Leaving the shop to the young people a little early today, I started for home.

Summer nights are very hot, but the inside of my chest is pleasantly warm.


Talking with Senpai for the first time in a long time was fun.


Many things happened, and it's not like everything is back to the way it was, but.

After all, I was happy to meet Senpai.

――Since he disappeared, for me, who decided to protect Mashiro-chan's happiness, it feels like I've gained a reassuring companion.  


Now, I have nothing to fear!

I feel like I can go anywhere!


Because of that feeling, my gait is truly light.

Let's get home quickly.

At home, my beloved daughter is making dinner, waiting for me. Once again, I'm truly looking forward to it.


「I'm home~」


Walking while harboring that anticipation, I arrived home in no time.

When I opened the front door,


「Welcome home, Mother.」

「Um, welcome back, Mishiro-san.」


My daughter Mashiro-chan and her friend Akami-chan, the daughter of Akari-senpai, greeted me.

If that were all, it would have been fine, but.


――The two were wearing matching aprons on top of their loungewear as they greeted me.



「............ Guhaa!?」



Too cute, I've died of preciousness.

I could hear the voices of the two girls saying『M-Mom!?』『Uuwa, Mishiro-san's s-soul is coming out!?』, but I couldn't pay mind to that; is this what ascending to heaven feels like?... I experienced something like that.


Ah, a moment ago, I thought I had nothing to fear, but there was something I should have been afraid of.

The cuteness of these two is truly a weapon, a weapon...!

Comments

  1. Thanks for the chapter!
    Lmao Mishiro should've dragged Akari over to faint together lol XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine dying to preciousness smh skill issu- *dies*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. fr huge skill issue ther- *also dies*

      Delete
  3. thanks for the chapter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment