My Friend Doesn't Hesitate 47.3

ACT47.3     What Have the Two Harbored for Many Years?


「Please excuse the intrusion.」


Her beloved husband was currently on a business trip abroad.

Her similarly beloved only daughter was staying overnight at her friend's house today.

Today was the first day in a long time that she didn't have to do much housework, so Nishina Akari went to a place she'd wanted to visit ever since she moved to this town in the spring of this year.


「Welcome, Akari-senpai! Long time no see! Have you been well!?」

「Yes. Mishiro-san, you also seem to be as energetic as ever.」


The snack bar『Utopia』in the town's 3rd District.

Behind the counter of the store, she was there.

Thin facial features, almond eyes, lips a bewitching red from lipstick, long slightly brown hair in a half-up style, and a slender figure... With youthfulness unbelievable for someone in their 40s, she was a woman who made one feel that her beauty hadn't changed since her student days.

Her name was Nogi Mishiro.


「Geez! Akari-senpai, why didn't you come and visit me sooner!? I've always wanted to see you!」

「I’m sorry. I've been supporting my master as his wife, so I could never find the time.」

「Oh my, your servant spirit is the same as ever! But, devoting yourself in that way might be the charm of the girl Kurata Akari!」

「Thank you. By the way, it's Nishina now.」

「Now and in the past, it's Nogi-san!」

「Even if you don't make it a competition, I understand.」


Mishiro spoke in high spirits, and Akari answered softly.

Aah, the atmosphere between these two.

Holding nostalgia, affection, and... a slight weight in her chest, Akari sat down at the counter seat.


「We're really meeting face-to-face like this; the last time was when we were students.」

「Yeah! Twenty-four years have passed since then! More than half my life? Can you believe it?」

「... When you put it into words, it's an endless number.」


The two smiled wryly.


――Nishina Akari and Nogi Mishiro were senpai and kouhai in high school, one year apart.


At that time, Akari, whose surname was still Kurata, was working as a live-in maid for the Nishina family, a branch house of a high class rich family, and at the arrangement of her master at the time――her current husband, Akari was allowed to lead a student life.

In addition, perhaps she drew attention because of her perfect housework skills, for she was often recruited as a helper for the clothing and cooking clubs, but.


「I remember it like it was yesterday! The day I met Akari-senpai!」


At the time, Mishiro was active as a first-year student in the clothing club, and she strongly admired Akari.

Mishiro was surely recalling those memories as well.

As she looked at Akari, who was sitting at the counter seat, her cheeks were red, and she seemed like she was filled with exceeding nostalgia and affection.


「Yes. Even though Mishiro-san was much taller, you always followed behind me like a puppy.」

「After all, such a tiny cute soft and fluffy senpai could do everything perfectly. Geez, I was truly shocked at that time!」

「That's right, isn't it? But I was also amazed by your enthusiasm.」


The two met for the first time in the clothing club room.

Akari's first impression of Mishiro was that her junior was a beautiful woman overflowing with feminine charm. And yet, when she was interested in something, her eyes would sparkle like a child's, and she would approach the target of her interest without hesitation.

Out of interest and admiration, in a way that was halfway like she was gatecrashing at first, she became Akari's apprentice, but... before long, she greedily and enthusiastically absorbed Akari's sewing and cooking skills; the rapid growth in abilities she showed strongly moved Akari's heart.

In response, Akari decided that she couldn't lose to her, so she aimed to improve her skills even further.

In that way, in the form of a friendly rivalry between the tiny senpai and large kouhai, the two spent more time together.

Before they knew it, the two...


「... I never thought we'd end up dating. No, well, from the start, I fell in love with you at first sight, but I never thought Akari-senpai would confess to me.」

「But at that time, I was unmistakably in love with everything about you.」


Their relationship was a secret to everyone.

They kissed, and went further than that as well; Akari lived life cherishing sweet, precious, and lovely days with Mishiro.

――However, those days suddenly reached their end.


「After graduation, Akari-senpai disappeared without saying anything to me. At that time, I was really shocked.」

「I feel truly sorry about that. At the same time as my graduation, it was decided that my master would be going abroad... moreover, he even proposed to me. Everything at that time was unexpected.」


The master and Akari going overseas could be called a lightning decision.

Without being given time to meet or contact Mishiro, the situation suddenly progressed; the day after graduation, Akari was already abroad with her master.

However, although she was in the position of a live-in domestic helper, Akari herself had the right to choose, and of course, she thought about dissolving the master-servant relationship with him, but.

Facing Akari, he said straightforwardly.

He wanted her to accompany him for his entire life.


「I understood that my master loved me from the bottom of his heart, and I... I felt indebted to him, and felt affection for him, so I wanted to respond to those feelings. Although I knew it was selfish, I made the choice to leave Mishiro-san.」

「Yeah, when I heard about those circumstances, you know. When the opponent is someone causing a story-like development of a rich and powerful man marrying his maid in reality, as expected, there was no opening for me to butt in. I gave up quickly.」


Mishiro had a wry smile.

After such a sudden parting, there was a period of no contact for several years... but with Akari sending an apology to Mishiro and reporting on her current situation as the impetus.

At first, the two exchanged letters, and as time progressed, they exchanged emails.

Even when they respectively had lovers.

Even when they had children.

Even when supporting their families became their purpose in life.

Even without ever meeting face to face, they understood each other, and now, they had arrived at this moment.


「Even though so much time has passed, Akari-senpai is as tiny and cute as ever. I'm surprised!」

「Mishiro-san is the one who, as your name implies, has beautifully fair skin, and it looks like you've become more and more polished than before.」


They smiled loosely at each other.

A nostalgic atmosphere that reminded her of their school days.

It was just like those times they were face-to-face, and Akari felt like she was under an illusion of going back to those calm days... but she could say that the atmosphere was just a little different.

A sense of discomfort?

It was nothing so ambiguous.

Even if it didn't appear on the surface, it was something more clear than that.


「Mishiro-san.」

「Mm?」

「As I thought, you're still just a little angry?」

「――――」


When Akari asked that question.

Mishiro's eyes widened just a little...... and sure enough, she smiled wryly.


「As expected of Senpai; you mean you can see through everything about me?」

「That's part of it, but it's also because I feel obliged to you.」

「That's right. Even though we've broken up, even though you've told me the reason, it was too sudden... maybe I wished that, at the very least, you would have said goodbye.」

「...........」

「But, you know...」


Adding that, Mishiro left her seat, walked out from behind the counter, and sat down next to Akari――with an alluring light in her eyes, while staring fixedly at her,



「Maybe if you at least give me a reconciliation kiss, I won't be angry anymore?」



Together with a sigh full of heat, she said that.



  ☆  ★  ☆  ★  ☆  ★



At that time, I loved Senpai from the bottom of my heart, and from the sudden parting until now, even if the number of people I love has increased.

My love for Senpai hasn't changed even one millimeter.

So much that I've always wanted to see Senpai.

So much that I've been a little angry with Senpai.

Now, in this place, half forcibly――



「That's not allowed.」



Just before I reached her.

Akari-senpai touched my lips with her index finger, as if admonishing me.

Just like when I was a student, she's able to perfectly stop my momentum with just the slightest amount of force.


「Wehー, it's fine, isn't it? Senpai's stingy.」

「I'm not in a position to do such things anymore... and there's something I should have said at the start.」

「Oh......?」


Akari-senpai touches my cheek with her cute lips.

Even though it was only a slight touch, it transmitted her deep, exceedingly deep feelings to me, making my chest throb, and moreover,


「I decided twenty-four years ago that the next time I see you, I would do that to say sorry... Can't you forgive me with this?」


Cutely, in her soft and fluffy way, with upturned eyes, she gave me a million dollar smile.



「... I forgive you!」


 

My 24-year-old anger abruptly melts away.

... Truly, this person's loose and fluffy natural airhead power hasn't changed since the old days.

But.

Both in the past and now, I've always loved that part of Akari-senpai!

Comments

Post a Comment